Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Cant connect to bacula-sd on debian system

2012-04-19 11:55:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Cant connect to bacula-sd on debian system
From: alexturner <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:47:16 -0700
Hey all,

I'm trying to set up a bacula sever to backup all machines on the network to
LTO tape. I'm having a hard time getting my config to work. For starters
bacula-dir wont start from the /etc/init.d/bacula-director script but it will
start if I simply run bacula-dir in the terminal.

bacula-sd runs from the init script and is listening on all ip's (as determined
by netstat -alnp) though I can't connect to it. I've been trying to run this
for the last few weeks and I'm starting to give up, any ideas and input would
be highly appreciated.

I've edited out a fair bit of text just to shorten the output. Sorry for not
uploading to a pastebin.

Netstat:
root@bacula:/var/www# netstat -alnp | grep 9103
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9103            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
17140/bacula-sd
root@bacula:/var/www#

Error:
*status
Status available for:
     1: Director
     2: Storage
     3: Client
     4: All
Select daemon type for status (1-4): 2
Automatically selected Storage: bacula
Connecting to Storage daemon bacula at 127.0.0.1:9103

Failed to connect to Storage daemon bacula.
====
You have messages.
*messages
19-Apr 17:38 localhost-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: authenticate.c:120 Director
unable to authenticate with Storage daemon at "127.0.0.1:9103". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the SD or
SD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000
 for help.
*

bacula-sd.conf
Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = bacula
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#
Director {
  Name = bacula-dir
  Password = "helloworld"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the storage daemon
#
Director {
  Name = bacula-mon
  Password = "helloworld"
  Monitor = yes
}

Autochanger {
  Name = HP-Changer
  Device = LTO1-1
  Device = LTO1-2
  Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg2
}

Device {
  Name = LTO1-1                      #
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-1
  Archive Device = /dev/st0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes
#  #
#  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
#  # Note, apparently on some systems, tapeinfo resets the SCSI controller
#  #  thus if you turn this on, make sure it does not reset your SCSI
#  #  controller.  I have never had any problems, and smartctl does
#  #  not seem to cause such problems.
#  #
 # Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
#  If you have smartctl, enable this, it has more info than tapeinfo
#  Alert Command = "sh -c 'smartctl -H -l error %c'"
}
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = bacula-dir = all
}

Bacula-dir.conf
Director {                            # define myself
  Name = localhost-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
  PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password = "tralala"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
  DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
}

JobDefs {
  Name = "DefaultJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = bacula-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = bacula
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = File
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

#
# Define the main nightly save backup job
#   By default, this job will back up to disk in
/nonexistant/path/to/file/archive/dir
Job {
  Name = "BackupClient1"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
}
Storage {
   Name = bacula
   Address = 127.0.0.1
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "KM0K1W1aF6w-G0NU181dVtedFUKDKn4QE"
   Device = HP-Changer
   Media Type = LTO-1
   Autochanger = yes
}

Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
  dbdriver = "dbi:mysql"; dbaddress = 127.0.0.1; dbport = 3306;
  dbname = "bacula"
  dbuser = "root"
  dbpassword = "alexwashere"
}