Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] question on re-running of failed levels

2012-04-18 10:37:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] question on re-running of failed levels
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:19:29 -0400
Before I submit this as a possible bug, I just wanted to see if perhaps
it is the expected behavior for Bacula.

We have a few long running jobs that take > 24 hours to do a Full
backup.  Because of this, we have the following set:

Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
Cancel Lower Level Duplicates = yes
Cancel Queued Duplicates = yes

In addition, we also have Rerun Failed Levels set to 'yes' since
sometimes are computers are not accessible when a Differential or Full runs.

So, what I have seen happen recently is the following scenario:

April 16th 5am - Full runs for Job X
April 17th 5am - Job X runs again and is canceled
April 17th 3pm - Original job X finishes successfully
April 18th 5am - Job X runs again and does a Full again

The April 18th job should only run an Incremental but it appears that
because we have Allow Duplicate Jobs set to 'yes', it sees the April
17th 5am failure and decides that it needs to rerun the Full even though
the April 16th 5am job did successfully finish after the April 17th 5am
failure/cancellation.

Given these settings, should one expect it to see that successful job
and not rerun the Full?  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

FYI, we are running Bacula 5.2.6 on the director/storage side and 5.0.3
on this particular client.

thanks,

--tom