Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Running a fake incremental that can be considered as Full ( Database Dumps )

2012-04-16 06:12:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Running a fake incremental that can be considered as Full ( Database Dumps )
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:09:37 +0200
Hello

I use Bacula 5.0.3

On few linux servers I have got BDD dumps that run every nights at a
specified time.
For synchronism reasons between databases theses backups are run via
crontab and not directly from bacula.

I need that bacula save theses databases dumps every morning
- The filesystem is a read only LVM snapshot of a Virtual Machine (
the backup is ran on the physical host and not on the virtual machine
)
- The snapshot is generated and mounted in a Run Before Job script

Rotation schemas that deletes old dumps on the backed up server is not
the same than on the configuration of bacula servers

I need bacula to :
- Run a full
- Save only the dumps that haven't been already backed up .

I must have a full:
- If I do increments, I will need to keep the full and this is not
what I want, if the full is deleted it will create a new one
- Moreover a DB dump as no dependency in previous dumps

I can't select only the dump of the day :
- If bacula job is not working one day, the next one must backup the
"missed db dump" that where not backed up during the failed job

I can't use a predefined list of files in fileset because the estimate
seems to be done before "Run Before Job" script that generates the
snapshot so it doesn't validate the include path.
File = "\\|bash -c \"find …… wont work because it's ran before my
snapshot creation

I think that it rests "options sections" from fileset but I didn't
found anything that's fine

In fact I want to run a full that saves only files since the last
successful backup without using the incremental method because it will
generate a full that will be deleted so I will have a useless FULL -
INC dependence

Have you got an idea ?

Thanks