Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to share a tape library between two bacula servers.

2012-04-12 10:09:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to share a tape library between two bacula servers.
From: Manuel Trujillo <mtrujillo AT grupointercom DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:36:53 +0200
Hi!

I was looking in Internet without any luck (maybe because I'm not an
english native, and my text search strings wasn't enough good).

Please, I need information about the possibility of use one LTO device
attached to one bacula server machine, by another bacula server
machine. Maybe I could make a more ascii-art explanation:

                 LTO5-Device-Dell

                           /

                          /

                   ___/

                 /

                /

 Bacula 1 server <--------------> |Switch| <------------------> Bacula
2 server

Bacula 1 server has one Dell LTO5 device. It makes backup to disk, and
one time a month a copy backup to LTO5.

Bacula 2 server makes backups to disk.

Bacula 1 and 2 has complete visibility between them.

I need to make backups to LTO5 using Bacula 2 server, but I don't know
how to make it, and I'm not able to find any information about this.

Anybody could help me with any explanation, or link to documentation?
Maybe it is in the official docs, but I'm too blind to see something
that like in front of me... I think that it isn't possible because the
fact that I cannot share SD between bacula servers (isn't it?)...

Thank you very much.

Manu.