Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple volumes moved from scratch pool

2012-04-11 15:02:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple volumes moved from scratch pool
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Robert Hartzell <bear AT rwhartzell DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:01:23 -0400
> I reported this back in July of 2010
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=25685277
> This has happened to me several times since then but I haven't been able to
> figure out why. It is strange that for some unknown reason bacula will grab
> all available volumes from the scratch pool and move them to the current
> job's pool without using them.

After years of not seeing this bug I had this happen to me two weeks
ago on bacula-5.2.5. It grabbed around 10 tapes from the Scratch pool
into the pool that needed a volume then prompted me that it had no
volumes. This was kind of annoying but I recovered and put all the
tapes back into the Scratch pool.

John