Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Chained copy job

2012-04-05 07:32:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Chained copy job
From: Dennis Hoppe <dennis.hoppe AT debian-solutions DOT de>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 13:30:20 +0200
Hello Uwe,

Am 05.04.2012 13:08, schrieb Uwe Schuerkamp:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 12:47:02PM +0200, Dennis Hoppe wrote:
>> maybe you could send me your config files? Which distribution and
>> version are you using?
>
> I'm running Bacula 5.2.6 compiled from source on CentOS 6.2 (64bit)
> with a MySQL backend.
>
> Here's the relevant config for the pool I'm copying to tape:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Online_full
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Storage = FileStorage_full
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 180 days
>   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
>   Recycle  Oldest Volume = yes
>   Maximum Volumes = 28
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 195G
>   Label Format ="full-"
>   Next  Pool = "Offline"
> }
>
> Pool {
>   Storage = lto4
>   Name = Offline
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 365 days
>   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
>   Recycle  Oldest Volume = yes
>   Maximum Volumes = 21
>   Label Format ="Offline-"
> }
>
> and here's my copy job definition for the full backups completed
> within the last 7 days:
>
> Job {
>   Name = "copy-full"
>   Type = Copy
>   Level = Full
>   Priority = 15
>   Pool = Online_full
>   Messages = Standard
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
>   Schedule = Copy-full # runs once a week for now
>   Selection Type = SQLQuery
>   Selection Pattern = "
>
>     SELECT jobid
>
>     FROM Job
>
>     WHERE PoolId = 4
>
>     AND type = 'B'
>
>     AND level = 'F'
>
>     AND jobstatus = 'T'
>
>     AND EndTime >= SUBDATE(NOW(), INTERVAL 7 DAY)
>
>     GROUP BY Name;"
>
> }
>
> I'm restricting the copy jobs artificially for now because we have run
> the full pool for quite a while and I've only recently started messing
> around with copy jobs, so for this pool I only want jobs completed in
> the last week to be copied over to tape. I bet there's a more clever
> way to implement this, but your SQLQuery thingy turned out to be a
> godsend for the task at hand, although it could probably done with
> AllowDuplicateSomething or other in a more supported and elegant
> fashion.

i am also able to copy the volume from "backup-monthly" to
"backup-monthly-usb", but i also want to copy the volume from
"backup-monthly-usb" to "backup-monthly-nas".

backup-monthly -> backup-monthly-usb -> backup-monthly-nas
(primary)         (fallback)            (different building)

I think Bacula is not able to recognize the second "NextPool" at
"backup-monthly-usb", so it says something like "Hey, i already have
copied your volume from 'backup-monthly' to 'backup-monthly-usb'. There
is nothing else to do".

Regards, Dennis