Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] "Cancel Lower Level Duplicates" Directive Question

2012-04-03 05:12:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] "Cancel Lower Level Duplicates" Directive Question
From: Joe Nyland <joe AT joenyland.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:09:59 +0100
Hello,

Does anyone know whether the job directive: "Cancel Lower Level Duplicates"
applies to verify jobs too?

The scenario I have is that my main backup of around 1.5TB takes 24-48 hours to
complete. During this time, other backups run, but once my verify job is queued
by the normal daily schedule, it just sits there waiting for the backup to
finish. As I'm only running 2 jobs concurrently, this means that once the
verify job is queued no other jobs will start. What I would like to do is add:

  Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
  Cancel Lower Level Duplicates = yes

to this job, so that the verify jobs which are queued by my schedule are
cancelled, if the full backup is still running. (This intern frees up a slot in
the my job queue, to allow other jobs to run alongside the full data array
backup). However, I'm not sure if the "Cancel Lower Level Duplicates" will help
in this case, as the 'Lower Level Duplicate' is a verify job and not simply
another backup job with a different priority. Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks,

Joe Nyland