Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Different IPs on sd (dir or fd)

2012-03-27 05:49:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Different IPs on sd (dir or fd)
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:46:18 +0100

> Dear All!
>
> I have SD with multiple IP configuration:
> So i have the following problem: when FD from 172.16.247.10 connects to
> SD it is using sometimes 172.16.247.6 but sometimes 172.16.248.1
> address. Looks like round-robin algorithm or something similar.

Yes, it is very likely to be round-robin in the DNS lookup.

> So the question is: is there any way to order client to connect to right
> SD's IP?

The FD uses the "Address" from the Director's Storage definition to contact
the SD, so you need to make that resolve to the correct IP address on each
client machine.

Depending on your setup, you could add it to /etc/hosts on the client or by
configuring the DNS server with different views
(e.g. http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-bind9-named-configure-views/).

__Martin