Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Labeling tapes - keeps checking all drives

2012-03-12 11:45:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Labeling tapes - keeps checking all drives
From: "Ethier, Michael" <methier AT CGR.Harvard DOT edu>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:42:34 -0400
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the hint, I am running bacula-sd as root and root was not a member
of the tape group. I added it now:

[root@rcbackup ~]# ls -l /dev/nst4
crw-rw---- 1 root tape 9, 132 Mar  1 12:19 /dev/nst4
[root@rcbackup ~]# ls -l /dev/sg6
crw-rw---- 1 root tape 21, 6 Mar  1 12:19 /dev/sg6
[root@rcbackup ~]# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel),33(tape),495(sfcb)

To test if this fixes it, can I just do a reload in bconsole or do I have to
restart the bacula daemons ? I have a backup
running.

Thanks,
Mike