Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] actual number of volumes and numvols do not match..

2012-03-12 04:30:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] actual number of volumes and numvols do not match..
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Jeff MacDonald <jeff AT terida DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:27:41 +0100
Op 9/03/2012 21:01, Jeff MacDonald schreef:
> 2 questions in this email
>
> 1: I have a volume that has 913 1 gig files in it, however the pools
> table in the catalog indicates 438 in the "numvols" column... any
> reason why?

Just going with the sentence you typed, you seem to be confusing the
amount of files in a volume (I think it's called something like
"VolFiles") and number of volumes in a Pool ("NumVols").
I'm guessing you have about 438 Volumes (tapes or file volumes) in a
certain pool?
> 2: what does the volstatus "Error" actually mean in the media table?
Exactly that, bacula ran into an error when writing to the given volume,
thus marked the volume to be in Error so it won't use it anymore. Could
be any number of reasons, usually dmesg or your syslog will show more info.

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm