Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and RDX Tapes

2012-02-27 02:09:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and RDX Tapes
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:06:56 +0100
On Sunday 26 February 2012 22.47:19 S. Kremer wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> i want to use bacula on Debian Squeeze Server with a tandberg rdx tape
> to backup my data.
>
> Can anyone post me a example configuration for a rdx tape under bacula?
> Or can help me to configure bacula that i can use the rdx tape for backups?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards
> Stefan

We use the RDX like any other external hard drive here.
So mainly the usage depend how you and what you want to save.

just a note, if you want to use the eject command, be sure to fully sync the
filesystem
as it can take a long time before the last write occur. We've seen during test
a number of time
the media being eject physically before the last sync occur, leading to trouble
afterwards.

--
Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch