Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Scheduling hourly backups with different levels and pools

2012-02-22 08:20:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] Scheduling hourly backups with different levels and pools
From: joenyland AT me DOT com
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:15:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up MySQL backups in Bacula, using mysqldump for full backups and backing up my bin logs for incremental backups.

What I would like to do is to perform a full backup to my full backup pool at 00:00 every night, then perform incremental backups to my incremental pool every hour thereafter.

Just as a rough config, I have the current schedule at the moment, whilst testing:

Schedule {
  Name = "TestServer MySQL Database Schedule"
  Run = Level=Full pool=TestServer_MySQL_Full Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Full daily at 00:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 01:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 02:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 03:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 04:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 05:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 06:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 07:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 08:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 09:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 10:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 11:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 12:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 13:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 14:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 15:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 16:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 17:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 18:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 19:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 20:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 21:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 22:00
  Run = Level=Incremental pool=TestServer_MySQL_Inc Storage=TestServer_MySQL_Inc daily at 23:00
}

I feel that there must be another, cleaner, way to define this kind of backup schedule, but I can't seem to be able to find one from the manual.

Has anyone implemented such a schedule and if so is this how you did it? If there's anyone else who has any input, I'd appreciate it if you could share it.

Many thanks,

Joe