Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger Problem: Second label is not being mounted

2012-01-31 14:50:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Autochanger Problem: Second label is not being mounted
From: mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu
To: Isamar Maia <isamar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:49:00 -0500
In the message dated: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:14:24 -0200,
The pithy ruminations from Isamar Maia on
<[Bacula-users] Autochanger Problem: Second label is not being mounted> were:
=> Hi Folks,
=>
=> We are using a HP 1x8 G2 AutoLDR Autochanger with Bacula version 5.2.3
=>
=> We're facing the following problem:
=>
=> 1) When I restart Bacula and run a Daily backup job, it automatically
=> mounts the first tape, labeled as "KDZ000L4"(tape1)
=> and it works perfectly well.
=>
=> 2)  In the sequence, when it's necessary to load a second
=> tape(KDZ003L4), the tape is physically loaded into the drive but
=> Bacula stucks
=> with the following message:

Was that tape already labeled?

Was that tape used before?

=>
=> Device status:
=> Autochanger "HP_Autoloader" with devices:
=>    "Fita" (/dev/nst0)
=> Device "FileStorage" (/tmp) is not open.
=> Device "Fita" (/dev/nst0) open but no Bacula volume is currently mounted.
=>     Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "KDZ003L4",
=>        Pool:        Monthly
=>        Media type:  LTO-4
=>     Slot 8 is loaded in drive 0.
=>     Total Bytes Read=1,032,192 Blocks Read=16 Bytes/block=64,512
=>     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
=> ====
=>

Have you verified the label?

        stop bacula-sd

        load the tape (mtx)

        run "btape" with the storage device name from bacula-sd.conf
        for the Fita device

        run "readlabel"

The problem sounds very similar to what I described previously. See the
list archive for the subject "critical error -- tape labels get corrupted,
previous backups unreadable":

        http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28718589

Mark

=>