Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Relabelling a Volume

2012-01-31 06:07:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Relabelling a Volume
From: Buschini Edouard <moon AT ijaal DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:05:05 +0100
Hello,

After days of research, I didn't find a way to relabel a volume.
Let me explain :

That file is a volume from my pool.

Physical informations :
# bls -L /mnt/space1/bacula/storage/db/mailo/Dbfile-mailo-db1-4-1900
Id                : Bacula 1.0 immortal
VerNo             : 11
VolName           : Dbfile-mailo-db1-4-1900
PrevVolName       :
VolFile           : 0
LabelType         : VOL_LABEL
LabelSize         : 191
PoolName          : DbFile-mailo-db1-4-Pool
MediaType         : DbFile
PoolType          : Backup
HostName          : backup3
Date label written: 12-Sep-2011 14:00

Catalog informations :
mysql> select MediaId,VolumeName,VolStatus from Media where VolumeName regexp "Dbfile-mailo-db1-4-1900" ;
+---------+-------------------------+-----------+
| MediaId | VolumeName              | VolStatus |
|    1901 | Dbfile-mailo-db1-4-1900 | Full      |

I want to re-label it by Dbfile-mailo-db1-3-xxx, I try to change the catalogue's entry and the name of the physical volume (with mv) but when the SD wants to mount it, there is an issue because the name of the volume is not the same as what's inside the label.
I also tried to use the relabel utility in bconsole, but my volume is marked as full so it doesn't work.

I'm running out of options so if you have any ideas wich may help that'd be cool.

Kind regards,
--
Edouard Buschini - Rentabiliweb Telecom