Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tapes not in autochanger are being recycled

2012-01-25 05:08:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tapes not in autochanger are being recycled
From: Michael Triska <Michael.Triska AT duf DOT de>
To: 'John Drescher' <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:05:22 +0100
Von: John Drescher [mailto:drescherjm AT gmail DOT com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 23:13
An: Michael Triska; bacula-users

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Michael Triska <Michael.Triska AT duf DOT de>
wrote:
>> Hallo bacula-users,
>>
>> we are running bacula 5.2.3 on centos with an Adic Scalar 100 Autochanger.
>> Two times a week the tapes with volstatus full are changed with new and/or
>> expired tapes. New tapes are labeled via "label barcodes" and added to the
>> scratch pool, then "update slots" is run in bconsole.
>>
>> Everytime a job starts and no appendable volumes are available in the
>> corresponding pool, bacula purges the oldest expired volume and requests it
>> to >>mount, although InChanger=0 is set. Our expectation would be that
>> bacula uses a volume from Scratch pool if no expired media is online within
>> the corresponding pool the job uses, but instead it requests the oldest
>> expired volume, regardless of its InChanger flag set to 0.

>subscribed to thread.

>I have had this issue for 2+ years. No solution yet, although I have
>not really tried. The pool that causes the problem only needs tapes
>about 1 time per month on average..

Thanks for the quick response. This behavior occurs once a week at our site,
but now my solution is that the Scratch pool and corresponding backup pools
contain only online media and to move the offline tapes to another pool (which
is not used by any job).

Michael