Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Total Byte Difference in Report and bls

2012-01-19 15:45:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] Total Byte Difference in Report and bls
From: "Summers, James B. II" <jsummers AT ou DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:42:00 +0000
Hello All,

I was looking through some of my bacula reports and found what seems to be a
discrepancy in the FD/SD bytes written and then what the output from bls shows.

In the report it shows:

FD Files Written:       214
SD Files Written:       214
FD Bytes Written:       21,612,341,665 (21.61 GB)
SD Bytes Written:       21,612,380,412 (21.61 GB)

When I run bls against the two volumes it wrote to the output shows only 78
files/dirs and then totaling the bytes, I come up with only 11.88 GB.

Any ideas what the difference may be attributed to?

TIA

Jim Summers
University of Oklahoma
jsummers AT ou DOT edu