Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Re load Configuration without restarting

2012-01-17 12:31:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Re load Configuration without restarting
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: dzisk <drziskind+nabble AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:28:53 +0400
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:12:17 -0800 (PST)
dzisk <drziskind+nabble AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Is there a way to reload the configuration without restarting the
> director? I was up against a max volume count of 20 so i raised it
> and restarted the director but then the remaining jobs failed without
> resuming. I know i can just kick off the jobs again but i'd like to
> have them resume if possible. Is there a way to do this?
The `reload` command in bconsole.

But note that some resources are not updated automatically--for
instance, if you change some parameter on a pool, volumes assigned to
it are not updated automatically.  This behaviour is not related to
reloading vs restarting but you'd better be aware of this anyway just
in case.