Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problems restoring files with bRestore

2012-01-02 16:35:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problems restoring files with bRestore
From: "Peter A. Henning" <peter AT henning-weingarten DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:09:09 +0100
Hi there,

sorry for asking a newbie question, I am sure that I have made some error in
the config but cannot find it.

When using the bat frontend (version 5.2.1) with bRestore (_not_ the "Restore
Files" button) to restore files it generates a job as

run job="RestoreFiles" fileset="WB3" level="" client="trantor-fd"
pool="Default" storage="HDDBackup" priority="10" when="2011-12-19 12:55:46"
yes

This job  then terminates with

Level "" not valid.
Job not run.

When I enter the _same_  "run ..." command manually in bconsole, it runs when
setting "level=Incremental" and really restores the file. So far, so good -
but  in the documentation it says nothing about a "Level" in restoring files.

Also, if - just for testing this - I put a "Level = Incremental" into the
restore job description of bacula-dir, it is displayed in the bat frontend
when listing the defined jobs. But when I then start the restore with bRestore
in bat, this level description is not taken over in the restore job string,
where  I end up with te same fault as above.

So, where is the fault now ?

And I should also mention, that the "Restore Files" button in the bat frontend
works just fine.

Regards

--
Peter Henning