Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can not update slots

2012-01-02 05:02:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can not update slots
From: ninyo <ninyodios AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jim Creason <jim AT shout DOT net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 10:59:59 +0100
>>  Placing your reply AFTER the question enables reading of the thread without scrolling up and down and up and down…

Thanks Dan, i will keep that in mind. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

>> Given that your tapes do not have barcodes, this output is expected.  There is no way for
>>Bacula to know the labels without barcodes.
>>
>>That said, I do recall some mechanism for manually creating a file which contains the labels…
>>
>> do not recall where I saw that reference..

This is my updateslots.sh script:

echo 'update slots=1-24 storage=cinta scan' | /sbin/bconsole -c /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf

This script works without problems in previous versión.

Anyway, for reasons unknown (i suspect machine reboot) now it works. Updteslots job is placed to work on friday and when i see it was working and updating the slots i cant belive it. Im repeating the tests now, launching again the script and trying to understand why is working now.

Im totally confused....