Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 5.2.x client with 5.0.3 director/storage

2012-01-01 23:03:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 5.2.x client with 5.0.3 director/storage
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Marcio Merlone <marcio.merlone AT a1.ind DOT br>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 23:00:41 -0500
On Dec 13, 2011, at 1:33 PM, Marcio Merlone wrote:

> Em 12-12-2011 18:41, Ben Walton escreveu:
>>
>> I don't see a documented item about running a 5.2.1 client with the
>> older 5.0.3 director and 5.0.3 storage daemon.  (I do see notes about
>> doing this version straddle in the opposite direction.)  It seems to
>> work but is it a valid configuration?  Is there anything I should know
>> when running like this?
>
> +1
>
> I was about to try that. Windows version of bat 5.0.x is broken for me, so I
> wanted to try the new version, but had no guts for this... :)

The general rule for version:

bacula-dir = bacula-sd (always, always, always, do not violate this rule)

bacula-fd <= bacula-dir

Thus, you can let the FD lag behind the servers.  You can upgrade the servers
and not worry about upgrading the clients.

However, if you use a newer client, results may be interesting.  Try it.  See
if it works.  No promises.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org