Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume -- backups failing (bacula 5.2.2)

2011-11-30 18:01:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume -- backups failing (bacula 5.2.2)
From: mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:00:23 -0500
[Replying to my own post to clarify that unloading/loading/mounting does NOT
solve the issue.]

In the message dated: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:52:12 EST,
The pithy ruminations from mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu on
<[Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume -- backups
failing (bacula 5
.2.2)> were:
=> I just upgraded from 5.0.2 to 5.2.2 in the hope that the bug fixes solve a
persistent problem th
=> at we've been having (for previous reports and more details, see [1]).

        [SNIP!]

=>
=>
=> Unloading the tape from outside bacula (with mtx), then reloading the tape,
running "update slot
=> s", and then "mount" from within bconsole causes bacula to correctly
recognize the presence of t
=> he tape and continue the backup.

I posted too soon...that sequence of operations does cause bacula to recognize
the presence of the tape (ie., "status stor" gives the correct information),
but bacula still does not mount the tape, still asks for the volume (or for a
new one to be labeled), and backups do not continue.

If I change the status of the volume that bacula is requesting--the tape
already in the drive but unmounted--to "disabled", then bacula unloads the
tape, selects a different tape, and the backup proceeds. I can then change the
volume status to "append" and the tape _will_ be reused in the future.

This does not seem to be a problem with the media--I've seen this issue with
at least 10 tapes, and later backups will append to those tapes.

I'd appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions.

Thanks,

Mark

=>
=> Are there any suggestions?
=>
=> Thanks,
=>
=> Mark
=>
=> [1]
http://www.backupcentral.com/phpBB2/two-way-mirrors-of-external-mailing-lists-3/bacula-25/de
=> vice-is-blocked-waiting-for-mount-of-volume-wh-113226/
=>
=>
[Advertisement deleted]