Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to set up bacula daemons on Win7 + cygwin?

2011-11-26 19:39:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to set up bacula daemons on Win7 + cygwin?
From: Tim Saker <timsaker AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 19:37:07 -0500
Has anyone broken ground on this yet?

I have successfully compiled Bacula 5.0.3 under cygwin on Windows 7 (64 bit arch). The Director and Storage daemons run beautifully from a cygwin bash shell and I am able to run backup jobs so I have full trust that there are no build issues.

So now I want to set up the Director and Storage daemons as Windows services so the whole thing is hands free. I have tried the following use of cygrunsrv with no success:

cygrunsrv -I "Bacula-dir" -d "Bacula Director Service" -p "/home/htpc/bacula/bin/bacula-dir.exe" -a "/home/htpc/bacula/bin/bacula-dir.conf"

The service installs nicely in the Windows services registry, but when I attempt to start the service I get the following modal warning dialog:

"The Bacula Director Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are bot in use by other services or programs."

... and the Windows application event log shows this:

"The description for Event ID 0 from source Bacula-dir cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Bacula-dir: PID 8156: `Bacula-dir' service stopped, exit status: 255"