Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mail report

2011-11-23 16:34:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mail report
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:31:35 -0500
On 11/23/11 14:10, Ignacio Cardona wrote:
> Dear all,
>              there is a way to configure bacula in order to receive in my
> email box the report of the backups, what i mean is to receive something to
> be aware if the backups were ok or not.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Ignacio, yes, there is... You can use variables in the mail command line

# Variable substitutions from Bacula documentation
# ------------------------------------------------
# %% = %
# %c = Client's name
# %d = Director's name
# %e = Job Exit code (OK, Error, ...)
# %i = Job Id
# %j = Unique Job name
# %l = Job level
# %n = Job name
# %r = Recipients
# %t = Job type (e.g. Backup, ...)
# ------------------------------------------------

mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h smtp.example.com -f \"COMPANY Bacula \
<%r\>\" -s 'COMPANY - %t %e - %n JobId=%i Level=%l' %r"

We do it this way and substitute our actual client company's name for
"COMPANY" since we manage and monitor several Bacula systems.

What we get is an email with a FROM: line like so:

From: COMPANY Bacula <client_backups AT example DOT com>

and a Subject like:

Subject: COMPANY - Backup Fatal Error - Helpdesk JobId=10978 Level=Full

So we know just about everything about the job just by the From and Subject
lines which we use to filter good and problem jobs in our helpdesk system.

Hope that helps

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarirty, LLC