Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: Unable to write EOF

2011-11-17 08:32:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: Unable to write EOF
From: Win Htin <win.htin AT gmail DOT com>
To: Ghislain.Escorne AT ujf-grenoble DOT fr
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:30:05 -0500
Hi,

I haven't tried on LTO5 but on LTO4, I need to run the following "mt"
parameters for the tape-drives to function properly.
Hope this helps.

Below, replace <tapedevice> with <st1> in your scenario.

----------------------------------- Start
1. mt -f /dev/<tapedevice> stsetoptions

2. mt -f /dev/<tapedevice> compression

3. mt -f /dev/<tapedevice> stsetoptions buffer-writes

4. mt -f /dev/<tapedevice> stsetoptions async-write

5. mt -f /dev/<tapedevice> stsetoptions fast-eod

6. mt -f /dev/<tapedevice> stsetoptions two-fms

7. tapeinfo -f /dev/<autochanger>     <=== (/dev/sg3 in your scenario)

## Following is the output from my library from the above command.
     Product Type: Tape Drive
     Vendor ID: 'IBM     '
     Product ID: 'ULT3580-TD4     '
     Revision: 'xxxxxx'