Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] how to multiplex two jobs using two different tape pools

2011-11-08 14:30:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] how to multiplex two jobs using two different tape pools
From: Richard Tabor <Richard.Tabor AT ucsf DOT edu>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:29:13 -0800
All my backup jobs spool to disk before going to tape.

I have a small set of jobs that can take several days to complete and it locks
up the use of the tape drive.

I would like to have the drive freed while the long job is spooling to disk so
that the smaller jobs can run.  I realize that there will be some amount of
extra tape changing between pools.

I have successfully run multiple jobs together when they use the same pool, but
when I try to specify different pools I get the "waiting to reserve a device"
message on the job.

I am running an older version of bacula - 2.0.3.   Am planning on upgrading
soon to a later version.

If this was Files, I know that I could create a second Device, but the
documentation indicates that this should not be done with tapes.

Thanks.

Richard