Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] MyCatalog is not found / adding Win Client to backup doesn't work

2011-11-04 17:25:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] MyCatalog is not found / adding Win Client to backup doesn't work
From: "Evangelos Tiriliotis" <etiriliotis AT googlemail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 22:22:37 +0100

Hello.

I’m evaluating bacula for personal purposes. I’m using the following environment:

1 server/client: debian 6.0 squeeze, bacula 5.0.2

1 client: Win 7 x64, bacula 5.0.2

I wanted to use a backup according to the following scheme. 2 x 1GB HDDs for full backups and 2 x 320GB for differential and incremental backups. The backup HDDs are every time replaced in only one HDD carrier:

1GB for sundays backups

320GB for mon-sat backups

Problems:

1.       Every time I replace the HDD in the carrier the catalog is not visible and bacula is doing a full backup.

2.       Although there are no kinds of connection/authorization errors, bacula is not able to save/backup from the Win 7 x64 client. The started job is in status running, but is not processing any files (see output.jpg).

I’m further pasting the bacula-dir.conf and bacula-fd.conf from Win 7 x64 client.

Thanks for your help.

Evangelos