Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] odd bacula error: ERR=Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

2011-11-02 15:37:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] odd bacula error: ERR=Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:34:24 -0400
Hi,

I'm having an odd issue with bacula backing up my IIS logs on one server.

Some nights I get a whole bunch of errors like this, as seen from  bconsole:

02-Nov 01:50 servername JobId 24380: Error: Read error on file
G:/servername_log/W3SVC5/ex091201.log. ERR=Insufficient system resources
exist to complete the requested service.

After the last one there's this message:

02-Nov 01:50 servername JobId 24380: Fatal error: Too many errors.
JobErrors=1002.
02-Nov 01:50 claustrum-sd JobId 24380: Job write elapsed time = 00:17:10,
Transfer rate = 44.85 M Bytes/second

And then the job is marked as fail.  The really strange part is that bacula
seems to get these files backed up just fine.

This is only an issue on the full backups, since the logfiles are only
written to for 1 day each and then just kept.

I'm not sure what "system resources" the server doesn't have enough of for
this, but bacula backs up the 200GB+ of web stuff just fine (a mixture of
big and small files, as you'd expect on any web server)

The problem exists with both bacula-fd version 5.0.3 and 5.2.0rc1

I've run chkdsk and not found any errors in the filesystem.
Also, it seems not to matter whether I use VSS or not in the fileset
definition.

I don't think the resource issue is in the directory but is in the fd as
Bacula runs great on all my other servers.  Just this one filesystem
containing just IIS logs gives it some grief.

Anybody else run into a situation like this?

    Bob