Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Posssible Init Catalog will not delete old entries?

2011-10-19 02:24:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Posssible Init Catalog will not delete old entries?
From: Pierre Bernhardt <pierre AT starcumulus.owl DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 08:22:29 +0200
Hello,

the history is I have upgrade from 2.4.x to 5.0.1 step by step incl. the
database.
On 2.4.x I'd run some time the init catalog job for different fd's.

After upgrade I would do that now more like scheduled so I made first an init
catalog
and afterwards directly an Job Level Catalog.

The problem looks like now that there files found from the init catalog job
which
has to been put in the catalog long time ago

Here some messages from the catalog job:
19-Oct 00:43 backup-dir JobId 9426: Warning: The following files are in the
Catalog but not on disk:
19-Oct 00:43 backup-dir JobId 9426:       /var/lib/dpkg/info/libcurl3.postinst
19-Oct 00:43 backup-dir JobId 9426:       /var/cache/man/pt/index.db
19-Oct 00:43 backup-dir JobId 9426:       /var/cache/man/fr/index.db

These files are really not on the disks, neighter at init catalog run nor at
catalog
run.

So back to my question: Is it possible, there is a problem with the init
catalog in
bacula which do not delete old files from database at init catalog job?

How can I fix them e.g. manually first? I think it is enough to cleanup
something in the
database to have an work around before I execute the next init catalog job,
isn't it?

The job and fileset definition for the job is the same. The level will be
overriden
by manually modification of the level or by the schedule.

Cheers....
Pierre