Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] format of Volume and possibility to read it without bls or bextract and so on

2011-10-18 09:44:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] format of Volume and possibility to read it without bls or bextract and so on
From: Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:41:59 -0400
Excerpts from Luca Domenella's message of Tue Oct 18 07:03:20 -0400 2011:

Hi Luca,

> Id like to understand if its possible to open the volume files without using
> bacula, of course I know it’s dangerous. Is it in tar or cpio format ?
>
> There is a way to decode it ?

I think you're looking for the bls tool.

> Another question is on how to use nfs resources as storage
> device. Do I need to mount it on the director using normal nfs
> mount, or it can be mounted ondemand by the director with a special
> configuration ?

I think you could do either.  The on demand mount could be
accomplished with runscript definitions.  If the director is running
as non-root (hopefully) you'll need to use sudo or some other
privilege granting mechanism to allow the mounts.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton