Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula/etc folder contents gone - any way to fix?

2011-09-29 11:32:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula/etc folder contents gone - any way to fix?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "R. Leigh Hennig" <rlh1533 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:30:45 -0400
2011/9/29 R. Leigh Hennig <rlh1533 AT gmail DOT com>:
> So, the contents of my ../bacula/etc/ folder are gone. Same place where
> bacula-dir.conf, bacula-sd.conf, etc, is stored. Nothing else has been lost.
> Volumes (including backups of the bacula server) are still in place, all
> other folders in ../bacula (such as lib, sbin, scripts, working, etc) are
> present. Besides not having the bacula-dir.conf, bacula-sd.conf, and
> bacula-fd.conf files, is there any way to restore the contents of this
> folder so I can still work with what I had? Or am I totally screwed here? Is
> it possible to "reinstall" bacula from source just to repair the contents of
> the ../bacula/etc folder? Please help!

Reinstalling will put back the base configuration files which may be a
start but you would still have to reconstruct your settings yourself.

If you know you have backups of your /etc/bacula folder you should be
able to use the bls and bextract programs to get your files back.

http://www.bacula.org/5.1.x-manuals/en/utility/utility/index.html

John