Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Exclude directories

2011-09-26 05:04:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Exclude directories
From: Lyn Amery <lyn AT gaiaresources.com DOT au>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:47:11 +0800 (WST)
Hi all,

I've been wading through the documentation on how to exclude
files and directories from backup jobs but have had no luck.
I'm trying to exclude files like .pgpass and .svn directories
from wherever they occur in the filesystem.

The following works for /tmp and /var/tmp but seems to have
no effect on directories named .svn:

  Exclude {
   File = /tmp
   File = /var/tmp
   File = ".svn"
  }

(I've also tried it without the quotes, i.e. File = .svn)

The examples in the official Bacula documentation seem to
indicate that it should "just work".  Have I missed the point?

I'm using the latest Bacula 5.0.3.

Cheers,
Lyn