Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How would I nuke my bacula instance - Start afresh so to spe

2011-09-22 14:17:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] How would I nuke my bacula instance - Start afresh so to spe
From: tscollins <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:15:28 -0700
Here is what I have done on the server
1. Stop the service - /sbin/bacula stop
2. Delete the database - /etc/bacula/drop_bacula_database
3. Remove any working files - rm -rf /var/bacula/working/*
4. Since I am using a NAS device to do my backups I then do - rm -rf
/mnt/nas-backup/*
5. Now redo all database stuff - /etc/bacula/create_bacula_database and
/etc/bacula/make_bacula_tables
6. Restart the service - /sbin/bacula start
On the clients (my clients are Apple Macintosh systems running 10.6.8)
1. Stop the client/file daemon - sudo launchctl unload -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.bacula.bacula-fd.plist
2. Remove any working files (check the bacula-fd.conf file for WorkingDirectory
location) - sudo rm -rf /private/var/bacula/working/bacula-fd.9102.state
3. Restart the computer
4. Restart the service - sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.bacula.bacula-fd.plist and sudo launchctl start
org.bacula.bacula-fd