Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moving files between clients

2011-09-13 06:31:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moving files between clients
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "HUI, CHUN KIT" <huichunkit AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:27:55 +0400
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:13:26 +0800
"HUI, CHUN KIT" <huichunkit AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> I have a problem with Bacula.
>
> I am using Bacula 5.0.1 to back up a fileset of around 1TB on server1
> to a NAS without any problems. However, because of some internal
> changes, all files in the fileset on server1 must be relocated to
> server2. I can of course setup bacula schedule and new jobs for the
> fileset on server 2 but I would like to ask if there are any ways
> that I can change all the previous backup (Inc, Diff, Full) for
> fileset on server1 to become backup jobs for fileset on server2?

I think it's a matter of issuing appropriate UPDATE SQL queries against
your catalog database to patch the necessary job records.  You'll
probably need to study the DB schema and peer into the data actually
stored in the catalog.  Of course the relevant bits of director's
configuration will also need to be updated followed by reloading it.

On the other hand, restoration jobs in Bacula allow you to restore any
fileset to arbitrary place on arbitrary client so if you're really
concerned about if you'll be able to restore files backed up from
server1 to server2, the answer is yes and this requires no actions on
your side except installing bacula-fd on server2.