Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Need Help

2011-08-30 11:39:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Need Help
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Ignacio Cardona <ignaciocardona AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:37:02 +0400
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:10:08 -0300
Ignacio Cardona <ignaciocardona AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>             I´m dealing with my first Bacula installation. I have
> installed in one virtual server the full software and in another
> server everything regarding client. My question is how I make a
> relationship between the master and the client? what file I have to
> change? could you show me an example or something?
Go to [1] and start with the "Bacula Components or Services" section.
After you understood how the Bacula components interact with each
other, move on to the configuration topics in that same manual.
In fact, reading this manual should have been the first step to carry
out, not installing the software.

Basically, the idea is that each pair of Bacula components which need
to interact between each other share a secret (a password) which is
unique for each pair, and each host in such a pair needs to know the
hostname or IP address and port of its peer.

> Other doubt that I have, is there any possility of make a backup if
> the baculas server is not directly attach to the same datacenter that
> the client or there is any ip option?
I'm not sure I parsed this correctly but as long as the Bacula
components which have to interact with each other have physical TCP
connectivity, there should no problems for them to interact provided
you configured them correctly.

1. http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/index.html