Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bat/bconsole on Windows 2008 r2

2011-08-29 02:46:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bat/bconsole on Windows 2008 r2
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:44:26 +0200
Op 20110826 om 10:01 schreef Helge Tore Høyland:
> Hi.
> I have a problem with connecting bat/bconsole(64/32bit) to director on a
> Windows 2008 r2.

IIRC is running the director on a Microsoft server _not recommented_.

> My setup is this:
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with bacula 5.0.1. Using shorewall as firewall on that.
> Client is a Windows Server 2008 R2 running as primary DC.
> I've installed bacula 5.0.1 64bit client on that. Everything went well
> with installation. The fd started up nice. Passwords, addresses and
> director/fd names are ok.
> And i still time out on connection.
> On the windows server ive opened up both inbound and outbound tcp
> connection on port 9101, 9102 and 9103.
> My shorewall setup is
>
> ACCEPT  fw  loc  tcp 9101,9102,9103
> ACCEPT loc  fw  tcp  9101,9102,9103
> ACCEPT fw  fw tcp 9101,9102,9103
>
> I even tried to shut off my windows firewall, no diffrence. Ive tried
> "telnet IP-of-Director 9101" but that goes inactive straight away.
> Ive also opened up my server, used bconsole and tried a "status client-fd"
> and that times out.
>
> Ubuntu uses self signed certificates, and windows 2008 r2 domains dont
> accept self signed certificates. Could the trouble be something along that
> line? Does Bacula use certificate in some way? Im asking, cus i cant use
> putty to get a ssh-connection to my ubuntu on this windows 2008 r2 server,
> something i can from a linux box or a windows 7 machine.

As I understand the original poster, wants he/she to make a remote bconsole
connection. I don't known if it possible and think it is undesirable.
( bconsole doesn't ask for password )

What I have working is Bacula directory and bconsole the same host.
The host being a Linux server.

Cheers
Geert Stappers