Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula doesn't restore my windows xp client !

2011-08-28 18:51:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula doesn't restore my windows xp client !
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Admin <admin AT opennux DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 02:48:58 +0400
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 05:40:31PM -0400, Admin wrote:

> I use bacula 5.0.3 for backup files from linux client and windows client.
>
> My backup system:
>
>  One server debian lenny proxmox 1.8 with bacula-dir, bacula-fd,
> bacula-sd running on and one virtual machine running windows xp with
> bacula-win 5.0.3 running on .
>
> The backup device is a usb disk NTFS mounted on debian via ntfs-3g.
>
> The backup file run fine and the volumes are created but when I want to
> restore a client windows , I see the files and I mark them (that's good)
> and
> the restore is ok, I have no error  but no files appears in the restore
> folder !!!!!
The problem with your problem description is that no one knows what do
you call the "restore folder" hence it's hard to make educated guesses
about what went wrong: FD does not create the files or FD does create
(replace ?) the files in a place you do not expect it to.

In any case, a way to go would be to run the FD command in foreground on
vm-lespointus-fd or at least check its log file after the restore job
finishes (or first increase the log verbosity using the "-v" and/or "-d"
command-line options of the FD program) -- I expect it to log where
it has been directed to restore the files.

That said, I personally had no problems restoring a bunch of files on a
Windows 2003 server and Windows XP, using Bacula 5.0.3 running on a
Debian system.