Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem; cannot start the Bacula Director Daemon as seen by Webmin (with attachments)

2011-08-20 11:48:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem; cannot start the Bacula Director Daemon as seen by Webmin (with attachments)
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Marcus Krackowizer <mk AT mkseoservices DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:45:38 -0400
> Thanks for your reply. Yes, the MySQL database is working as identified from
> the shell and webmin.

I am not talking about installing MySql. I am talking about running
the bacula scripts to create the catalog database. I do not use your
distribution but for me I had to create the database using the
create_bacula_database script.

>Bacula-dir does say start [OK] from the shell but from
> then, how do I see if it is running from the shell?

ps -f | grep bacula-dir

If you get no results start bacula from the shell with

bacula-dir -d 100 -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

> When I run bconsole, the following happens, i.e. nothing. It tries to
> connect but fails it would appear.
>
> [root@backup ~]# bconsole
> Connecting to Director 109.169.48.9:9101
> [root@backup ~]#
>
> Any ideas why it can get this far and then drop?

That happens when bacula-dir is not running.

John