Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem; cannot start the Bacula Director Daemon as seen by Webmin

2011-08-19 19:05:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem; cannot start the Bacula Director Daemon as seen by Webmin
From: "Marcus Krackowizer" <mk AT mkseoservices DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 00:13:39 +0200

Hello

I'm wondering if you can help. This is my 1st attempt at installing Bacula. I plan to backup a webserver, mail server and MySQL server.

In brief, the main problem is that I cannot start the Bacula Director Daemon as seen by Webmin. From the SSH shell, it does appear to start although if I try and stop the service, it fails. Oddly, if I run 'restart' then 'stop', it stops OK, and the starts [OK] in the shell, but this is not reflected in Webmin.

The System

- CentOS 6 minimal install + Arno firewall IP tables on a VMWare virtual server.

- Bacula 5.0.0 (this is the version yum grabbed)

I have installed bacula for access via webmin following the instructions on http://www.how2centos.com/installing-bacula-on-centos-6/

The error I'm getting displayed on Webmin is

"The Bacula console command /usr/sbin/bconsole could not communicate with the Bacula director. Make sure the password in /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf is correct."

In addition the Start & Stop Bacula buttons have no effect. I had to start the services from the shell.

In an attempt to start the director deamon I have tried turning off the firewall, I have given the same password throughout (except MySQL has a different password), reinstalled twice.

I have installed the client on a test machine,

I have attached the bconsole.conf and bacula-dir.conf files in addition to a screenshot of the Webmin display.

Let me know if I need to submit any more details.

kind regards

Marcus