Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Building bacula-sd

2011-08-12 08:38:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Building bacula-sd
From: Joe Nyland <joenyland AT me DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:33:31 +0100
Hello,

This is my first time posting to a list, so apologies if I've made a
mistake!

I am trying to build the Bacula SD on Mac OS X 10.6. However, I am
unable to get the correct combination of ./configure options.
I either get error messages saying that I have not selected a database
(which I didn't think I needed, as I just want the SD to be be built) or
when I just tell it to use mysql anyway, it says it cannot find some
mysql file.

I get the following, if I use "./configure --enable-build-stored":

 > ==>Entering directory /Users/Joe/Downloads/bacula-5.0.3/src/stored
 > ==>Entering directory /Users/Joe/Downloads/bacula-5.0.3/src/tools
 > ==>Entering directory /Users/Joe/Downloads/bacula-5.0.3/manpages
 > ==>Entering directory /Users/Joe/Downloads/bacula-5.0.3/platforms
 > rm -rf "build" "products/Bacula File Daemon 5.0.3" "products/Bacula
File Daemon 5.0.3.dmg"
 > make[2]: Nothing to be done for `clean'.
 >

 > You have not specified either --enable-client-only or one of the
 >   supported databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Ingres, SQLite3 or DBI.
 >   This is not permitted. Please reconfigure.
 >
 > Aborting the configuration ...

I get the following, if I try to use "./configure --with-mysql
--enable-build-stored":

 > checking for library containing dlopen... none required
 > checking for PostgreSQL support... no
 > checking for MySQL support... no
 > configure: error: Unable to find mysql.h in standard locations

Does anyone know how I can achieve what I'm after? (All I want to do is
build the SD so that I can add it to my existing Bacula setup.)
I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
Joe