Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migrate File-Storage without autochanger to vchanger Skript?

2011-08-08 13:53:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migrate File-Storage without autochanger to vchanger Skript?
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Eric Pratt <eric.pratt AT etouchpoint DOT com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 19:51:10 +0200
Hi Eric,

I am pretty sure I have all the possible Max Concurrent jobs set.
They are set in
  - Director (50)
  - JobDefaults that are included everywhere (100)
  - Clients (default, but I only want 1 job/client)
  - Storage (100 for files, 4 for my tape drive, all with spooled data)

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 12:16:19AM -0700, Eric Pratt wrote:
> I also thought about the different methods of migrating the data, but
> decided it wasn't worth doing.  I have vchanger auto-create the new
> volumes with initmag.  I then use Bacula's 'label barcodes' command to
> bulk label the empty volumes vchanger created.  I tell the existing
> Bacula job to start using the new autochanger device but I keep the
> old volumes on disk until their files and jobs expire.  When they do
> expire, I then remove the old volumes from disk and use 'delete
> volume' in Bacula.  Once you've done that for all old volumes, you're
> completely migrated to vchanger.

I know this would be the easiest way to do it. Unfortunately the used
data is ~12TB on file storage and I have only 500GB left and due to the
'missing' concurrent jobs I am unable to migrate some data to tape
during the day to get more space to finally start a decent file pool.
Just running round in circles.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91