Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] disk backup -- swapping out disks?

2011-08-08 10:49:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] disk backup -- swapping out disks?
From: Kleber Leal <kleber.leal AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 11:46:38 -0300
Ok, I think you not understood me.

When you does a copy job, the bacula will prefer to restore from local disks, since the has not recycled.
I have a bacula configured with copy jobs, the off site media is updated twice a month and all restore in local media retention time is done without needed of my off site medias.

Read about copy and migration jobs in main manual. It´s for you.

Kleber

2011/8/8 hymie! <hymie AT lactose.homelinux DOT net>

Kleber Leal writes:
>--000e0cd31382b952a604a9ff1986
>
>You can use disks off-site making *copy jobs* too. This is better when you
>need do a restore, since you will not need get off site disk.

You're right about the need to get the off-site disks.  Sadly, the
bandwidth of my car far exceeds my available network bandwidth.
Fortunately, we're just at the planning stage, and this is just one
option.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie AT lactose.homelinux DOT net