Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Resetting/truncating table File?

2011-08-02 09:55:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Resetting/truncating table File?
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:52:11 +0200
Hi all,

our Bacula director (Bacula v3) has a corrupt File table. We tried
repairing it but to no avail. Backups do exist, but we were wondering
if there is a safe way to simply truncate the File table, throwing all
legacy information away. I am aware that this would mean a full backup
instead of incremental so this is, in part, a theoretical question
more than anything else.

Still: Is there a way to cleanly wipe the File table?

If we decide to wipe it after all, we would obviously read in the
current set of backups once again to make sure only incremental
backups would be made, not full ones of everything.

THanks,
Richard