Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Folders using "Wild" and "RegExDir"

2011-08-02 09:27:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup Folders using "Wild" and "RegExDir"
From: "Richard Marnau" <marnau AT giovannil-nord DOT de>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:25:12 +0200

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to backup "Desktop" and "Documents" from all users on a
> client.
> > Bacula manual is a good point to start / Page 172 does have an
> example to backup only pictures folders from Windows Clients.
> > Unfortunaly all backups and settings I tried did not include any of
> the files or folders (or to much of them).
> >
> > Directorys to backup:
> > C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Desktop/*
> > C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Eigene Dateien/*
> >
> > --
> > My FileSet:
> >
> > FileSet {
> >   Name = "ClientWindows"
> >   Include {
> >
> >   File = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen"
> >
> >      Options {
> >       signature = MD5
> >       compression = GZIP
> >       IgnoreCase = yes
> >
> >       #Alle Benutzerverzeichnise mit einbeziehen.
> >       RegExDir="^C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/[^/]+$"
> >
> >       #Alle Benutzer Desktop Verzeichnise und Unterverzeichnise
> >       Wild = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Desktop/*"
> >
> >       #Alle Benutzer Eigene Dateien und Unterverzeichnise
> >       Wild = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Eigene Dateien/*"
> >     }
> >      Options {
> >         Exclude = yes
> >         IgnoreCase = yes
> >         Wild= "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*"
> >     }
> >   }
> > }
> >
> > Where is my mistake and why ?
>
> I think you need to add the Desktop and Eigene Dateien directories
> themselves.
>
> I.e. add this to the first options clause like in the manual:
>
> WildDir = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Desktop"
> WildDir = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Eigene Dateien"
>
> __Martin

Martin, thanks for the follow up. I did change the configuration without
success.
Do you might have any other idea? Is my understanding of the lines correct?

FileSet {
  Name = "ClientWindows"
  Include {

   File = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen"   <----- INCLUDE ALL OTHER SUBFOLDERS

     Options {
      signature = MD5
      compression = GZIP
      IgnoreCase = yes

     WildDir = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Desktop" <------- INCLUDE
DESKTOP FROM EVERY USER
     WildDir = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Eigene Dateien" <----------
INCLUDE EIGENE DATEIEN FROM EVERY USER

      #Alle Benutzerverzeichnise mit einbeziehen.
      RegExDir="^C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/[^/]+$" <------------ Copy Past
from the manuell - no idea

      #Alle Benutzer Desktop Verzeichnise und Unterverzeichnise
      Wild = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Desktop/*" <--------------
INCLUDE ALL FILES FROM DESKTOP

      #Alle Benutzer Eigene Dateien und Unterverzeichnise
      Wild = "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Eigene Dateien/*"
<----------------- INCLUDE ALL FILES FROM EIGENE DATEIEN
    }
     Options {
        Exclude = yes