Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Dir Randomly Stopping

2011-07-27 13:32:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Dir Randomly Stopping
From: Smiley <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:28:50 -0700
That helped get the console up, thanks!

Now I have another problem:

When attempting to run a backup, I get this error:

Storage daemon didn't accept Device "File-0" because:
     3924 Device "File-0" not in SD Device resources.
27-Jul 13:10 ***** JobId 4: Error: Bacula ***** 5.0.3 (04Aug10): 27-Jul-2011
13:10:49

File-0 is a portable HDD attached to the director machine.

I have the device configured as follows:

bacula-sd.conf
#File-0 is the default storage area. Backups are placed in
/var/bacula/storage/file-0
Device {
  Name = "File-0"
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /dev/sdb1
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

bacula-dir.conf

Storage {
  Name = File-0
  Address = **********
  Password = **************# password for Storage daemon
  Device = "File-0"    # same as Device in Storage daemon
  Media Type = File    # same as MediaType in Storage daemon
}