Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Scripting restores?

2011-07-19 18:35:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Scripting restores?
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: "Jason A. Kates" <jason AT kates DOT org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:33:31 +0100
On 19/07/11, Jason A. Kates (jason AT kates DOT org) wrote:
> This is a restore that I have run as just a one off:
>
> restore client=clientname restoreclient=otherclient pool=Weekly
> where=/mnt/restore select current all done yes
>
> so if you combine this with passing more in from the script (You can
> even make the script from perl/shell/etc you can do anything.

The ideal, from my point of view, is to construct a boostrap restore
file from a database query.

>>From http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/What_is_Bacula.html

    Bootstrap File
    The bootstrap file is an ASCII file containing a compact form of
    commands that allow Bacula or the stand-alone file extraction
    utility (bextract) to restore the contents of one or more Volumes,
    for example, the current state of a system just backed up. With a
    bootstrap file, Bacula can restore your system without a Catalog.
    You can create a bootstrap file from a Catalog to extract any file
    or files you wish.

You may be able to emulate the construction of a bootstrap file by
turning on verbose logging in your database daemon and then running a
manual bconsole restore. From this you will discover the sql queries
required to construct the bootstrap file. The bootstrap file can also be
constructed by doing all the steps to perform a restore then selecting
"no" at the last. A restore.bsr file will then be visible in your
working directory.

http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/Bootstrap_File.html#22756

Rory