Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] " mark dir/file to be restored recursively in dirs" doesn't work

2011-07-08 04:49:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] " mark dir/file to be restored recursively in dirs" doesn't work
From: "John Malone" <john.malone AT bristol.gov DOT uk>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 09:44:54 +0100
Hi,

I've now got to the stage of restoring files and am trying to select a directory to restore but the only option that works is to select all of a backup (mark *) which is not what I want.

I have c:\data, c:\data1, c:\data2, c:\data3

I have tried
mark c:\data         (no files marked)
mark c:\data\        (no files marked)
mark c:\data/        (no files marked)
mark c:\data\*      (no files marked)
mark c:\data/*      (no files marked)
mark c:\data\*.*   (no files marked)
mark c:\data/*.*   (no files marked)
mark c:\data * 8,162 files marked (but that is the entire backup, not just everything in c:\data)

Also with capitalization, and if the case doesn't match the stored information I get "no record found".

The target is a Windows 2008 server.

And the status window on the target never shows any activity, even when the server is being backed up or restored.

Cheers

John

'Do it online' with our growing range of online services - http://www.bristol.gov.uk/services

Sign-up for our email bulletin giving news, have-your-say and event information at: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/newsdirect