Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Console ACL help needed

2011-07-02 07:22:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Console ACL help needed
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 13:18:38 +0200
Hi all,

I'm going to use Bacula for a hosting-like scenario where I need to go
really really sure that every user can only access his own data.
They might have multiple backuped clients and it would be OK for them
to restore from one to another, but no other client should be visible
or accessible.

I have tinkered around with the ACLs already and haven't gotten it to
work nicely yet, like, I kind of miss a bitmap which rights exist and
which one depends on which other one etc. The current examples are
very very limited and I even found one posting on the list where the
poster found that he just had to remove his access key and got the
access back (maybe misconfigured, I hope it).
To make it short it's very tedious and with the current doc you can't
feel you got everything right.

Does one of you have working experience with ACLs and is willing to
write a short better manual for it?
I definitely don't mean people that can (just like me) look at the
archives and point to postings or have only used ACLs for < 10
servers, because this would be too limited to improve the current
manual.

This would be paid for by me (think around <= $100, for 1-2 hours of
writing down the important stuff with some examples)
and could then be added to the bacula manual or to the wiki or
whereever people seem fit. I'm not interested to call it "secret
sauce" and keep to myself.

I trust someone is around who knows this stuff well and I hope he's
interested :)

Greetings from sunny-rainy-sunny Germany,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and