Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] retention

2011-03-29 11:23:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] retention
From: "Romer Ventura" <rventura AT h-st DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:04:17 -0500

Hello,

I wanna accomplish the following:

1.-  Full back up the first saunday of every month, incremental back up Mon through Fri and differential backup every Sun except for the first Sun of the month. So far I have this:

Schedule {

  Name = "WeeklyCycle"

  Run = Level=Full 1st sun at 18:00

  Run = Level=Differential 2nd-5th sun at 18:00

  Run = Level=Incremental mon-fri at 20:00

}

And jobDefs look like:

JobDefs {

  Name = H22-MailServ-def

  Type = Backup

  Level = Full

  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = MailPool-Full-tape

  Full Backup Pool = MailPool-Full-tape

  Differential Backup Pool = MailPool-Diff-tape

  Incremental Backup Pool = MailPool-Incre-tape

  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"

  Priority = 10

}

2.- I have 4 sets of 7 tapes, that would give me 4 months of back ups. Actually 3 since the last one would have to be reused. Basically I want each set to be used every month. So far I have this:

Pool {

  Name = MailPool-Full-tape

  Pool Type = Backup

  Recycle = yes