Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] timestamp in volume label

2011-03-27 09:50:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] timestamp in volume label
From: Lawrence Strydom <lawrence AT itcallcentre.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:29:44 +0200
Hi list,

I am trying to get bacula to add a timestamp to the label. The manual
talks about using variable expansion but states that it is deprecated
and the new python scripting functionality that replaces it is not yet
documented.
I have defined my pool resource like this:

Pool {
Name = Arc-pool
Storage = Archive
Pool Type = Backup
Recycle = no
AutoPrune = no
Label Format = Arc-

}

and it works fine, but now I want the label to read "Arc-<date>"

I tried:

Pool {
Name = Arc-pool
Storage = Archive
Pool Type = Backup
Recycle = no
AutoPrune = no
Label Format = Arc-${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Day:p/2/0/r}

}

but predictably that terminated in error as I am using bacula 5.0.3.
I am not recycling these volumes, they are being archived to an external
hard drive that will bereplaced when it is full.

Thanks

Lawrence