Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] External Backups

2011-03-24 20:41:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] External Backups
From: Jon Bruce <bacula AT koroded DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:18:47 -0400
I'm looking to do remote backups for several clients.  I currently have
a bacula server running (which has saved my job more times than I care
to admit) which backs up all my internal servers.

I'm wondering what I need to know to sell a service like this, and use
bacula.  Do I need to purchase the Enterprise Edition or something
similar?  Are there limits?  Can it be done?

I also wonder, if using the standard bat client, can I set each client
up so they can only see their jobs on the fd?

I'm looking for any advice here, as I'd love to do this the right way.

Jon